The beauty contest among Newar girls, Miss Newa has turned 10 years old. The application for the 10th edition of Miss Newa is open and will close by the end of this week.
Application is open to the Newar origin young girls to participate in the contest. The participants in the contest will be trained in language, culture and tradition of Newari language. Nepalese Fashion Home is organizing the contest.
We started analyzing Terms of beauty contests with a contest for Princess Nepal, the contest for ‘beauties without brains‘. Now it is time to analyze another Terms, terms and condition of and upcoming beauty contest, Mrs. Nepal 2012. The details of the contest is:
- Audition: 28 Mansir 2069/ 13 Dec 2012
- Training: 7 to 27 Poush 2069/ 22 Dec to 11 Jan 2013
- Grand Finale: 29 Poush 2069/ 13 Jan 2013
The winner will participate in Mrs. International Competition held on July 27th & 28th in Chicago, Illinois, USA.
Analysis of Mrs. Nepal 2012 – Terms and Conditions:
First of all, the language is odd, with some careless mistakes in the terms.
- Terms 1: Confusing words to state the contest is for 21-56 years old females. I don’t know how they come up with such odd numbers: why not 20 or 50 or even 55?
- Terms 6: Contestants are not allowed to post "inappropriate picture / language" in Facebook or MySpace. There are tons of other social networking sites and the term allows to post anything in other websites. And, it doesn’t define what is ‘inappropriate’. For example, it is not clear if posting a photo of a street protest is appropriate or inappropriate.
- Continue reading
Incoming search terms: