Miss Purwanchal and the beauty contest organizers Silver Entertainment distributed materials of daily needs to 26 children and elders in an rehabilitation center in Dharan. The materials include 100 kg rice, sugar, oil, soybean, dal, and soap.
Miss Purwanchal 2013 Neha Bajaj, first runner up Alisha Shrestha, Miss Catwalk Shristi Rai and Miss Photogenic Prerna Khadka handed over the materials to the house. Neha was selected Miss Purwanchal 2013 in February this year. They also distributed noodles and juice to all the residents of the house.
UPDATE – Profiles of each of the contestants are added at the end of this post.
The 15 beauties selected for the final of Miss Purwanchal 2013 are currently in training for the preparation of the final. The auditions to select these beauties were held in Damak, Birtamod, Biratnagar, Itahari and Dharan. The organizers Height Event and Silver Entertainment claim that the beauty contest is the biggest beauty contest of Eastern Nepal.
The participants of this year’s Miss Purwanchal are:
- Dharan: 3 participants from Dharan – Shristi Rai, Neha Bajaj, Alisa Shrestha
- Biratnagar: 6 participants from Biratnagar – Sakura Khanal, Prerana Khadka, Prasansa Prasai, Manisha Siwakoti, Priyanka Ghimire, and Mandipa Rai
- Damak: 3 participants from Damak – Pratigya Rai, Barsha Rai and Shradha Dhakal
- Itahari: 1 participant from Itahari – Salu Thapa
- Biratchowk: 1 participant from Biratchowk – Ishika Thapa
- Dhankuta: 1 participant from Dhankuta – Puspa Adhikari