The winner of Miss Little Newa 2008, Binju Maharjan, is going to South Korea to participate in the third Asia Pacific Environment Youth Forum. Biju will perform in the program representing Nepal. An environmental group, A Green New Nepal is taking Binju, currently studying in New Zenith English Model School, to the international program.
Talking to Nepal Samacharpatra Biju told that she will showcase Nepali culture, art and Nepali dress. In a press meet held last week in Kathmandu, Binju said that she will also do a presentation on environmental issues in Nepal.
With Binju, three other students will also participate in the Forum. Other participates include Sushmita Balami, Sabina Sunuwar, Abnisash Poudel and Bijaya Prajapati.
In the event held in Rastriya Nachghar on September 8, 2012, Proshesh Karki and Khusbu Pradhan have been selected the College Ambassador 2012. In the event organized by Green Media, Proshesh Karki was awarded the Mr. College Ambassador 2012 and Khusbu Pradhan is crowned the Miss. College Ambassador 2012 title.
Out of 14 male and 14 female contestants participating in this years College Ambassador contest, other title winners include (credits: xnepali):
- Most Talented– Ms. Oshika Neupane
- Most popular award– Mr. Subha Acharya
- Best Charming award– Prajon Joshi (in male) and Chhimi Tamang (in female)
- Best Smile– Ms. Prashna Pathak
- Best Performer– Mr. Bipin Gurung
- Best Dress – Mr. Rupak Raj Kattel
- Most Friendly– Mr. Yogesh KC and Ms. Sachit Lohani
- Most Discipline- Ms. Pratistha Shrestha