In the final held on January 15, Sony Rai is crowned this year’s Miss Rai. The resident of Morang Urlabari, Sony is the second from the left in the following photo.
21-years-old Sony has become the second Miss Rai in the history of the beauty contests among Rai girls. After winning the title, Sony received Rs. 50,000 cash prize, CTV mobile, trophy and certificates.
The first runner up (Bansaj Chulo) was Kala Rai of Panchthar. The second runner up (Kutumba Chulo) was Gamala Rai of Khotang and the third runner up (Samaj Chulo) was Bhawana Rai of Sunsari. The runner ups were also awarded cash prizes CTV mobile, trophy and certificates.
A close up photo of Sony Rai:
Other title winners include:
- Miss Culture (Ridumi) – Urmila Rai of Udaypur
- Miss Punctuality (Chenchekwa) – Urmali Rai of Ilam
- Miss Personality (Khimiya) – Smita Rai
- Miss Viewers’ Choice (Tayama) and Miss Talent (Sumdima) Mamata Rai of Bhojpur
- Miss Best Dress (Saruma) – Pratima Rai
- Miss Discipline (Henkhaama) – Kabita Rai
- Miss Photogenic (Ninamma) – Manju Rai
The contest was held at Rastriya Naachghar, Jamal, Kathmandu on Magh 2, 2070. The event was also telecasted live in Himalayan TV.