On the second edition of “Banlamha Mayaju “, a Newari beauty contest, Sona Shakya was selected to wear the crown. In addition to the Banlamha Mayaju title, she was also awarded Best Nepal Bhasha title.
The final of the contest among 16 Newari beauties was organized by Creative Production on Kartik 4 (October 20). Anju Shakya was selected the first runner-up, Purnima Bajracharya was selected the second runner-up and the third runner-up title was awarded to Nistika Bogati Maharjan. In addition to being the second runner-up Purnima Maharjan was also Miss Talent. Nistika also received Best Hair title.
Summary of title winners:
- Banlamha Mayaju and Best Nepal Bhasha – Sona Shakya
- 1st Runner up – Anju Shakya
- 2nd Runner up and Miss Talent – Purnima Maharjan
- 3rd Runner up and Best Hair -Nistika Bogati Maharjan
- Best Personality – Neha Malakar
- Miss Popular – Sabita Shahi
- Miss Page Three – Asmin Shrestha
- Miss Web Portal – Rajani Shrestha and Neha Malakar (jointly)
- Best Smile and Miss Photogenic – Manisha Shrestha
- Best dress and Best Skin – Isha Bajracharya
Banlamha Mayaju (literally translated to Miss Beautiful, in Newari) started in 2011. In the 2011 edition of the beauty contest, Anjana Nakarmi was selected the Banlamha Mayaju 2011.
Photo credit – Nepa.com.np (Avishes)
Update – Photos removed on request.
Incoming search terms:
- SABITA SHAHI