In the Miss Rajbanshi 2012 contest held on December 8, 2012, Rebika Rajbanshi of Panchgachi, Jhapa was selected the new Miss Rajbanshi. The beauty contest was held in Birendra Sabhagriha in Biratnagar by Social Organisation Of Rajbanshi Abroginies (SORA).
After winning the title, Rebika received a cash prize of 25,000 and other gift hampers. Rebika was also awarded Miss Talent in the contest. The first runner-up of the contest was Sapana Rajbanshi and the second runner-up was Usha Rajbanshi. Both Sapana and Usha are from Morang. The cash prize for the first runner-up was Rs. 15,000 and second runner-up prize was Rs. 10,000.
The list of title winners include:
- Miss Rajbanshi 2012 and Miss Talent – Rebika Rajbanshi
- 1st runner up – Sapana Rajbanshi
- 2nd runner up – Usha Rajbanshi
- Best Smile – Yeshodha Rajbanshi
- Best Catwalk – Kanchan Rajbanshi
- Best Skin – Sapana Rajbanshi
- Best Figure – Divya Rajbanshi
- Best Hair – Shilpa Rajbanshi
- Miss Photogenic – Sapana Rajbanshi
The event was judged in the coordination of hair stylist Neel David. The judging committee included actress Harshika Shrestha, fashion designer Uttam Banepali, engineer Shivaram Rajbanshi, vice president of Janajati Mahasangh Nagendra Rajbanshi.
The competition was held among 16 Rajbanshi beauties from Jhapa, Morang and Sunsari districts. Arjun Rajbanshi and Reem Bishowkarma were the announcers of the ceremony. (Photo credit – Harshika Shrestha and SORA)