In the beauty contest held among Tamang girls, a resident of Kathmandu, Pinki Ghising has won the title of the 2017 edition. In the beauty contest held in Nepal Pragya Pratisthan on February 4, 2017, Pinki was awarded Rs. 100,000 in cash prize. Pinki was crowned by the ex-Miss Tamang Urmila Lama Yonjan. After winning the title, Pinki was also appointed the brand ambassador of Civil Group.
The first runner up of the contest was Nawang Moktan of Kathmandu. Nawang was awarded Rs. 50,000 in cash prize. The second runner up was Rita Thing of Dhading. Rita was awarded Rs. 25,000 in cash prizes.
The 2017 edition of the beauty contest was the 10th edition of the ethnic beauty contest. The judges of the contest were parliamentarian and the chief of Civil Group – Ikshyaraj Tamang, captain and actor Bijaya Lama, actress Chhulthim Gurung, and the managing director of Sanskritik Sanshtha, Rajesh Thapa.
The sub-title winners were:
- Popular voting award – Rita Thing
- Miss Photogenic – Ashma Mokthan
- Miss Talent – Shreeyam Thing
- Miss Beautiful Smile – Ganga Pakhrin
- Miss Catwalk – Nawang
- Miss Online – Sarala Blon
- Miss Personality – Nabina Lama
- Miss Discipline – Ashna Syangden
- Miss Hair – Kumari Bajyu
The contest was held by Everest Fashion Home to promote Tamang culture and tradition.
Previous post on Miss Tamang:
- Miss Tamang 2017 is Pinki Ghising
- Miss Tamang 2015 is Laxmi Moktan
- Miss Tamang 2015 to be held on Sonam Lochar, finalists start training
- Lakpa Wongmo Tamang, Miss Nepal 2014 contestant
- Miss Tamang 2014 is Muna Shree Lama
- Lakpa Tamang is Miss Tamang 2013
- Miss Tamang 2013, application open
- Sumi Moktan – Miss Tamang 2012
Incoming search terms:
- best cameras
- magarni in dress