The beauty contest Miss Tourism Queen 2005 was held on May 20th, 2005 and 6 pm in Hotel Yak n’ Yeti. There were 13 participants to contest for the crown. The choreographer of the contest was Rachna Gurung Sharma and the event was organized by Group of Event Entertainers.
The Winner of the contest went to participate in the first ever Miss Tourism Queen International 2005 held in China on June 7, 2005.
The contest was sponsored by Siam Institute of Hair Design & Beauty Care, Everest Beer, IEC, The Himalayan, Star FM, and others.
Results of the contest
- Miss Tourism Queen- Cecilia Gurung
- 1st Runner Up – Shristi Kharel
- 2nd Runner Up – Puja Shah
- Best Smile – Neeta Makaju
- Beautiful Hair – Aarti Gurung
- Miss Personality – Cecilia Gurung
- Miss Friendship – Neetu Gurung
- Miss Photogenic – Jaya Shrestha
- Miss Talent – Nirjala Tamrakar
- Miss Figure – Naseem Pradhan
This post is updated on March 12, 2013 for historical significance.
Some photos of the winner, Cecilia Gurung :