Note: This post was written a month earlier (On January 16) but failed to be published on that date for some technical problem. Sorry for the delay.
This year’s Miss Newa is Alisha Bajracharya. In the Miss Newa 1134 finale, held on January 15, 2014 at Nepal Academy, Kathmandu declared Alisha the new Miss Newa.
After winning the title, 21-years-old Alisha won Rs. 25,000 cash prize. She also became the Environment Ambassador of Kathmandu Metropolitan City and the Goodwill Ambassador of Cancer Relief Fund. In addition, she has also become the Social Ambassador of Nepalese Fashion Home.
The first runner up was Shraddha Shakya. With crown 19-years-old Shraddha was awarded Rs. 15,000 cash prize. The second runner up Tilisha Bajracharya was also Miss Public Choice. 21-years-old Tilisha won Rs. 10,000 in cash prize.
There were 22 finalist contesting to win the Miss Newa title. Other title winners include:
- Prashmin Shrestha – Miss Friendship
- Jenu Maharjan – Miss Charming
- Saika Shreshta – Miss Best Smile
- Riya Tamraker – Miss Photogenic
- Nirmita Dangol – Miss Best Hair
- Jasmine Maharjan – Miss Discipline
- Trishna Shrestha – Miss Personality
- Shreeya Shakya – Miss Best Dress
- Samata Bajrachary – Miss Best Nepal Bhasa
- Nilisha Tuladhar – Miss Talent