After the second audition held in South London College on June 21, a total of 10 contestants have been finalized for the Miss UK Nepal 2014 beauty contest. Low turn in in the first audition had raised the question on whether the contest would face the similar consequents of the last year. Last year, Miss UK Nepal 2013 was canceled when there weren’t enough contestants.
After the selection of the contestants the organizer, Event and Ideas, has initiated the training and other preparation for the Miss UK Nepal 2014. The finale is scheduled to be held on August 31, 2014 at the Princess Hall in Aldershot.
The contestants of Miss UK Nepal 2014 are:
- Arya Sharma, 20, Wolverhampton
- Nita Tamang, 22, Northolt, London
- Sapana Shrestha, 22, Reading.
- Rojina Aryal, 22, Woolwich
- Yamuna Newang Limbu, 17, Farnborough
- Jenny Gurung, 21, Wembly, London
- Pos Magar, 21, Hayes
- Anita Bhandari, 20, Woolwich
- Nia Dewan, 20, Ashford
- Sumi Shrestha, 21, Eastbourne
History of Miss UK Nepal:
Miss UK Nepal started in 2010. So far, all the past Miss UK Nepal had be Gurung beauty starting with the first Miss UK Nepal, Nabina Gurung.
- Nabina Gurung – Miss UK Nepal 2010
- Gau Maya Gurung – Miss UK Nepal 2011
- Durga Gurung – Miss UK Nepal 2012
- Miss UK Nepal 2013 was canceled
Details on the first runner ups and second runner ups of Miss Nepal UK 2010 and 2011 is available here.
Some photos of the audition of June 21.
Photo credit – Shanti Gurung